200 word minimum per question. APA format.
1. Suppose you are observing a highly popular and well-respected politician and a college student eat lunch. Both proceed to spill gravy on their neckties. Generalizing from research cited in Aronson, your liking of the politician will most likely _____? And your liking of the college student will _____________?
a. increase; increase
b. increase; decrease
c. decrease; decrease
d. decrease; increase
Why do you believe that this is the correct choice?
2. Aronson’s text describes an experiment in which subjects watch a victim supposedly receive electric shocks. Subjects were given the opportunity to vote as to whether the victim should continue to receive the shocks, and the shocks were either terminated or not. What was the outcome of that experiment in terms of liking the victim?
3. (Based on Article #37 of Readings About the Social Animal) Explain why it was that Dutton and Aron found it necessary to conduct a third experiment, this time in a laboratory setting, to control for what possible potential confounding factor?
4. Explain a situation in which you heard it said or someone said to you something that started a conflict or became a confrontation. Explain how it made you feel. Next, describe how the confrontation or conversation could be rewritten using “Straight Talk.”
5. According to the Aronson textbook in Chapter 8, why is it important to express one’s feelings rather than one’s judgments about another person?